submitted by Nancy P., President
Want to learn more about Laura: http://www.laurahartrich.com/quilts
I bet you’re preparing for Thanksgiving, making gifts for the holidays, and hope you’re enjoying “Fall”. I’m just back from the Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas. It was crazy, overwhelming, and inspirational! Here are some of my favorite moments at the Quilt Festival.
See more of my pictures: https://nancysquilting.shutterfly.com/pictures/1796
Check here for a tour of the Modern Quilt Showcase from the Festival: http://blog.wholecirclestudio.com/?p=4715
Ready Set SWAP!! Bring a favorite fat quarter to the November meeting to participate in this year’s Modern Swap. You and your Swap Buddy will exchange contact information and decide what to make for each other choosing from a tote, a mug rug, a zippered pouch, a pincushion, or hot pads. Get to know your Swap buddy by sharing design and color ideas to complement your chosen fat quarter. Completed products will be exchanged in February 2020.
Membership: We have 70 members including 12 new members this year. Contact information for guild members is available on the blog in the Member only area.
Thanks to Pat Silva for a very successful Sit and Sew. With all of the help (18 people participated), BNMQG is on track to reach our goal of 30 quilts for babies in the NICU. Another Sit and Sew is being planned for 2020 so keep your ears open and your sewing machines ready to go! Design night will be during our March meeting.
- To get your free ticket for QuiltCon, you must request it before Nov. 30.
- The Clock is Ticking – Enter Your Quilts for QuiltCon! Quilt submissions for QuiltCon 2020 close on December 2, 2019. Don’t miss your chance to see your quilt hanging in Austin! http://quiltconentry.com/?mc_cid=238b19b5e4&mc_eid=13d4aae610
- Volunteer at QuiltCon 2020 Volunteering is a great way to fully experience QuiltCon, meet new people, and have fun! Whether you have 2 hours or 20 to pitch in, we would love your help! https://www.quiltcon.com/volunteer?mc_cid=238b19b5e4&mc_eid=13d4aae610
The Modern Quilt Guild
- Please log in to MQG to make sure your email and contact info are correct so that you don’t miss important emails and information.
- Register for MQG Sessions on December 1st – Join us at the first ever MQG Sessions will focus only on handiwork in Denver, Colorado held May 7-9, 2020!
- MQG 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Pin – Snag yourself a limited edition commemorative pin that beautifully illustrates how we piece fabrics together, as the pin itself is two separate pieces that fit beautifully together to make a full quilt block.
- Then & Now: MQGCo-founder Alissa Haight Carlton Talks Modern Quilting – Login to the site and see the story here
Please log in to https://www.themodernquiltguild.com/ to make sure your email and contact info are correct so that you don’t miss important emails and information.
Website/Blog – Have you received for your new password for our website/blog (https://bnmqg.wordpress.com/)? If not, first please check your spam and trash. You’ll need this if you want access to the Member Only area on this site. If you cannot find the email, contact Lisa Baermann at email@example.com
In the member area, please check the list of members and double check that your contact info is correct. If you need to correct your information, please send an email to: BNMQG@hotmail.com and put Attn Cathie in the subject area. Thanks.
Have you joined BNMQG on Facebook? The BNMQG is a NEW closed group and just started this year. Here is the link. Request to join the group, answer two questions, and you’ll be approved to become a member of this page. You will be able to download files from this page for newsletters, workshop instructions, renewal forms, etc. This was not possible on our Bloomington Normal Modern Quilt Guild (PAGE). This is different from the other Facebook page where anyone can see posts on that page and files aren’t allowed to be shared –
For your calendar:
November 26 – Laura Hartrich
December – NO meeting this month. Enjoy time during the holidays with friends and family!
January 28, 2020 – Divide and Improvise
February 25 – Swap projects due Announce and sign up for Kona Mini Quilt Challenge, early bird signup for Rebecca Bryan’s workshop May 16 and get $5 off the workshop
March 24 –Heart Beat Quilt Design Night, April 28 – Program on Color, register for the May 16 workshop if there are spots available
April 28 – Color Workshop, signup for Rebecca Bryan’s workshop May 16 (after the April meeting the registrations will be opened to non-members.
May 15 – Rebecca Bryan Meeting
May 16 – Rebecca Bryan Workshop
June 23 – BNMQG Social – stay tuned for a surprise!
BNMQG is getting ready to have our own traveling Modern Mini Showcase. Please consider loaning us your mini quilts for some upcoming shows – your tiger lily, splash, and the 2020 Kona Color challenge quilts will get some new audiences! More information will be available soon.
See you Tuesday and don’t forget to bring a fat quarter for the swap. It’s not too late to participate if you remember your fabric! Oh…and p.s. 2 lucky swap participants will win 2020 Kona Color of the year fat quarters for the upcoming mini quilt challenge coming in February!
Guild Contact People:
President – Nancy Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President – Kathy Cook (email@example.com)
Treasurer – Betty Woodruff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary – Gale Imig (email@example.com)
Block Lotto and Fabric Raffle – Cindy Reynolds
Fabric Raffle Sales – Pam Laws
Heartbeat Quilts – Pat Silva
Hospitality – Barb Stevens and Mary Rose Hill
Library – Carol Benson
Membership – Susan Chancellor
Nominating Committee (2018-2019) – to be announced in March
Photographer – Kelly Cummings
QuiltCon Charity Quilt – Cindy Reynolds
Survey board and door prize – Danna Boore
Swap – Pat Messinger
Webmaster – Lisa Baermann