- Every BNMQG member may join the challenge. The cost of the challenge is $5/member if you send a check (BNMQG, PO Box 154, Normal, IL) or $5.50 if you pay via Paypal. You must enter the challenge and upload your photo by September 22 (check mailed and postmarked by September 20 or paid by Paypal) by September 22, 2020. The money will be added to the winning Grand Prize of $100 (provided by the guild) and awarded at the end of the challenge. Wouldn’t that make your quilting budget happy?
Sorry this challenge is no longer available to join.
- Create a project with modern aesthetics that meets the monthly challhttps://py.pl/wM7o1enges decided by chance at the monthly meeting. This can be 8 individual monthly projects (mini quilts, quilt blocks, placemats, postcards, mug rugs, etc.) or all or some can be put into one quilt flimsy at the end of the challenge.
- A die will be rolled twice to determine what the challenge is for the month.
- Post a photo of your completed monthly challenge. By 2 pm on the day of the meeting, a photo of your challenge must be loaded onto the Take A Chance Challenge site on Shutterfly to be eligible to win a monthly prize. (September 22, October 27, November 24, January 26, February 23, March 23, April 27, and May 25). You will be invited to join this website once you sign up for the Challenge. There will be Tech Tuesday sessions available on September 8 (11 am and 6 pm) and September 15 (11 am and 6 pm) to make sure you know how to post your photos on the Shutterfly site. Please sign on to Shutterfly.com and create a free Shutterfly account if you don’t already have one before attending any of these sessions.
- Every member finishing the monthly challenge will be in a drawing for an extra entry into the grand prize drawing. This extra entry will only be entered in the grand prize drawing if the quilter completes all 8 monthly challenges.
- The GRAND PRIZE WINNER for finishing every month’s challenge (August – May) will be chosen from members who have not missed any month of posting a photo of their finished monthly challenge and all extra entries that were drawn (only if all of the monthly challenges were complete by that member). The grand prize winner will win the money in the “pot” at the May meeting, a guarantee of at least $105.
Questions? Attend the Zoom meetings in July and August to find out more!
5 thoughts on “Take a Chance Challenge!”
Pingback: Newsletter – September, 2020 | Bloomington/Normal Modern Quilt Guild
Pingback: $250 Grand Prize! :-) | Bloomington/Normal Modern Quilt Guild
Pingback: August 2020 Meeting Recap | Bloomington/Normal Modern Quilt Guild
Pingback: August Newsletter – 2020 | Bloomington/Normal Modern Quilt Guild
Pingback: BNMQG welcomes Donna Lee August 25, 2020 | Bloomington/Normal Modern Quilt Guild